Sunday, September 5, 2010

Getting Started

Hello Stampers, Crafters, Family and Friends,

This is my first “blog” and I am hoping that someone finds it useful or at least entertaining..

My boys had a friend over last night and all day today. I love when their friends come over and feel very comfortable in our home. The only problem is, they never want to go home. LOL. Not that this is a bad thing, but I have to say when the boys are so involved in playing with their friends, I almost feel lost and lonely. Ah, the empty nest thing will be hard for me and my husband, but fortunately for us our boys are young and we are safe for a few more years.

Anyway, I will be posting some of my work (cards and scrap book pages). I am going to try and do that often as well as update you on our life here in Southern Maryland, our little piece of Gods Country.



For starters, this 8 foot 300 lb + Bull Shark was caught in our local waters, the Potomac River. The creatures are not suppose to be here in our small town tributary’s. There are lots of waterman here in Southern Maryland and this brut was caught in Mr. Deans pound net. What a surprise. Because this was such an unusual occurrence we received a lot of attention from the news media and of course, I think every local resident went down to get his or her picture taken with the star of the week, including my own family.

My son Kurt with the Bull Shark caught in our local waters.

Full length shot of this brut... (picture by Wanda Trossbach)
Can you imagine having this stare you in the face??  EEKK
(picture by Wanda Trossbach)

Mr. Willie Dean (right), David Ridgell (left) and Mate were lucky?? enough to catch this SURPRISE in Mr Dean's pound net (picture by Wanda Trossbach)



Ok onto the fun stuff. Here is a card I made for the Sea to Sea Stamper swap. I love doing this swap. The ladies are so talented.




This card was made using Stampin’ Up products. The colors are; so saffron, old olive, crumb and (my new favorite) cajun craze. The stamps used are; Lovely as a Tree, Little Tags and Punch Pals. It’s hard to see in this picture but the so saffron is stamped with small snowflakes using so saffron ink for the tone on tone look.  The tree is embossed with clear embossing powder and sprinkled with diamond dust.

I’m going to add a couple more samples of my work that was done for previous swaps. I hope you like them.

This card was also done for a Sea to Sea swap. The stamp set is Stampin' Ups, King of the Grill and it was used as an invitation for a Fourth of July cookout.


Stampin' Up stamp set Elements of Style.  I love this stamp set for it's versatility.


This card was cased from the Stampin' Up, Summer Mini.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment