Wednesday, September 22, 2010

I Sewed!!!

OK, You know, Sewing is taboo to me.  I've tried it in the past with NO success.  I look at the sewing machine and in my mind it not only looks back, but it seems to grow and loom over me with a crazy, mocking grin. 

OK, so you've got the picture.  Me, Sewing Machine, not friends.  Anyway, one day I was shopping at "Big Lots" and they had this "mini" sewing machine by singer, The Pixie.  Now the box said it was perfect for crafting and people 14 and over.  Ok, whatever, right.  I thought ok, I'm crafty and I'm over 14 years of age (barely, haha!) so surely I can use it too.  Well, to be honest the "monster" sat in my closet for at least a month before I brought it out.  I spent one day looking at it and reading the directions.  Then I looked at it some more.  Well, it took me two days to try it.  I know Mom, what's the big deal, right? Mom always sewed and sewed well, but I did not inherit that trait. 

OK, back to the monster.  Well I won't keep going on about it, I'll show you it now.

Stop laughing at me.  This thing is a monster to me.  It took several references
to the manual and a few re threadings of the needle, but I think I finally got it.
YEAH!!! me
You're probably wondering, What did she sew?  Well here it is.

I know it doesn't look great, but I am very proud of it because
I sewed.  This goes on a card.  I know that the stiches aren't
exactly right, but it's a "rustic" card, so it looks ok.

I made this card for the Sea to Sea Stampers card swap this month.  They haven't even received it yet, but I'm so excited about the sewing part I'm going to share it with you  a little early.

Wait for it....................................... (Amme, that's for you)



I hope you like it.  It is suppose to have that vintage, rustic type look.
I used Stampin' Up's new stamp set "Welcome Christmas".  I love this set.  I won't tell you how long it took me to make 10 of these baby's, but they are now on their way to my fellow swappers and that's all that matters.  I just hope they like them.

1 comment:

  1. OMG!!! You did great. I can't wait to get a "monster" for myself. I hope you weren't too emotionally scared by that HUGE "monster". Seriously, LOVE the card!! Can't wait to see more of your work.

    ReplyDelete