Sunday, September 5, 2010

Peach Pie

I don't know about the rest of you, but my family's favorite dessert in the summer is peach pie.  We buy our peaches locally and my husband, Kevin, came home with a load of them last night and said "this is about the last of the peaches, can you please make us pies?".  So of course I complied.

Peel and slice up about 6 cups of fresh peaches.

Add 2/3C Sugar, 1/3C all purpose flour, 1/4tsp ground cinnamon,
 1/2tsp of lemon juice (plus an extra little squirt).  Then mix up gently.


Turn the peach mixture into a pie crust.
 (This is when my youngest son, Kyle, and I like to steal
 a couple peache slices to eat).


Add your top crust and pinch edges together.  Using about 1Tbsp of butter apply
 small pieces of butter all over the top of the pie and cut your slits. 
Preheat oven to 425 degrees and bake for 45 minutes, covering edges of pie.

Whalaa!  All done.  Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment